Thursday, March 10, 2016

Fall/Winter Wedding Wear

Does it seem to you that fall/winter seems to be a more popular time for weddings? The last few years I have seen a huge jump from spring/summer wedding to fall weddings. An issue that most of attending fall weddings is what to wear. Obviously you can't wear your normal sun dress and heels. So what do you wear? Do you wear dress pants? Are boots allowed?

Well I am here to tell you just what you can wear and what I wore to a recent fall wedding I attended. 

Let's start by what you can and should wear if you can try and wear a dress because let's be honest who doesn't love a reason to get a new cute dress. Be sure the dress is geared more towards fall so something with sleeves and a little longer.Now I know what you are all thinking, I am going to freeze if I wear a dress! There is a solution to the problem you have. Option one wear tights that match your dress. Option two put a pair of leggings with your dress. Both options are great. To finish off the dress look either put on boots or closed toe heels. If you choose to go for the closed toed heels, I would suggest you wear tights. This will make the overall look. Finally add accessories. It's a fall wedding so it is acceptable to wear a scarf, but if you aren't feeling a scarf finish your outfit off with a necklace or whatever you see best. 

You are probably wondering about dress pants. Those are good as well. I would suggest darker dress pants like black or maroon. After you pick the color of dress pants it is now time to decide what to wear with them. I would suggest,either an oversized sweater or a flowy top. Top off the outfit with heels or flats. I would not suggest boots unless you are wearing skinny dress pants. Once again scarves and statement necklaces will finish your look.

Here is an outfit that I wore to a fall/winter wedding. Now I usually try and find out the colors of the wedding and try to kind of match. However, that was not the case with this wedding. This wedding I struggled to find a new dress, but at the very end of my shopping trip I finally found a blue long sleeve dress at Dottie Couture. I knew this would be the dress I would wear to the wedding.The day of the wedding came and I decide last minute to wear my statement pearl necklace with my short grey boots. Don't worry I stood in front of the mirror for a long time to make sure that this is what I wanted to wear. I even tried to put a belt with the dress, but in the end I decided on no belt. The best part of this dress is that I can transition it into spring by not wearing the leggings. Below is the finally result of the fall wedding outfit I put together.

YOUR TURN

What are some of your favorite things to wear to a fall/winter wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment