Saturday, January 10, 2015

An Indiana Fashion Girl

I am finally getting around to starting a fashion blog. For many years people have told me that I need to start a fashion blog or become a personal stylist. Well, I decided to finally take everyone's advice and start a fashion blog. I guess a little background on myself would probably help you understand what has brought me to this point.

Ever since I can remember I have always wanted to work in the fashion industry. When I was really little I wanted to work at Target (I know, I had big dreams for myself), but I just loved Target and everything that they offered. From there I wanted to be a fashion designer; that lasted until I realized I could not draw (did not inherit that from my dad unfortunately). By the time that I was in middle school and high school I realized that I wanted to be a buyer for some department store because who wouldn't want to just buy clothes all day for a store that you love. While that is still a dream that I am working towards, my biggest dream right now is to open up my own boutique. I have always loved to shop at boutiques, they offer something that all those other chain stores could never offer. Everyone that has known me has always known what my dreams are and have given me any advice that they can to reach my dreams. One of those suggestions was a fashion blog. 

The real reason I believe that I have always loved fashion is whether you are staying up to date on the latest fashion trends or you are just wearing whatever, it is an expression of who you are and what you stand for. I have always found clothes so interesting because you can tell a lot from how a person dresses. Whether we like to admit it or not we all notice what a person is wearing first. I love to travel to different places and see how they dress, it tells me a lot about the culture. 

I hope to make this blog something that not only helps me but also helps you. I want to help people find what clothing style best fits them. I know that not everyone will like the styles that I pick out and I am fine with that. I believe that as long as you are expressing yourself that is all that matters. I also want this blog to be a place where you can go to find new stores that you have never heard of before. I love to find little stores that no one has heard of before and letting other people know about them. What I really hope this blog does is to give you motivation to follow your dreams whatever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment