Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Dreaded Closet Clean Out

Do you dread cleaning out your closet? Don't worry you aren't alone. Most of us don't look forward to cleaning out our closets because that means giving away clothes that we "love". One of the biggest issues when it comes to cleaning out your closet is that you don't want to get rid of certain items because you say to yourself oh well I will probably wear this, so you put the item back only to find out that you really don't wear it at all.

I am definitely one of those people, but lately I have been getting better at cleaning out my closet and I actually enjoy it now. So how do you start to enjoy cleaning out your closet? Make a game out of it. At the beginning of this year I told myself that I would try and wear more of my clothes in my closet. Once I established that goal I went on Pinterest and other fashion sites to see what the latest trends were and how I could create similar outfits with the clothes I already had. The results I had were amazing. I didn't realize how much I already had that could be paired with so many different things and make a fashionable outfit. After a couple of months of doing this I started to get the urge to go shopping because I felt like I had exhausted my resources of clothes. The bad part about this was I knew for a fact that I had not worn all the clothes that were in my closet. So, began the part where I decided that in order for me to go get new clothes I was going to have to get rid of clothes in my closet. I was dreading it at first, but once I got in there and started to go through my clothes it was so easy to get rid of clothes because not only did I know that I was going to get new clothes, but I now had a better understanding of what clothes I really did wear. If I had a question on a certain clothing item I started to think if there were any real fashionable ways I could wear it. If the answer was yes, then I would keep it, however it the answer was not I would toss it. I was so surprised by the end of it all that I was able to throw out so many clothes. 

Now that my closet has been cleaned out and I have gotten a couple new items I will start over and try and wear the clothes I currently have over the next few months and then do another clean out when spring turns into summer. 

Your Turn! 

Let me know some ways that help you clean out your closet and get rid of the clothes that you hold dear to your heart, but don't wear.



No comments:

Post a Comment