Friday, August 21, 2015

Plaid and Pearls

I know that it is not fall, so some of you are probably thinking "why is she blogging about plaid?" And I have an answer for you! I am blogging about plaid because I am really loving plaid right now. I have started to see it come into some of my favorite boutiques and I just got such the urge to wear plaid.

So last Friday at work I decided that I would wear plaid. Now every Friday we get to wear jeans to work (which I love). While I was getting ready that morning I kept thinking about how I was going to pair my plaid top with my jeans and other accessories. Now sometimes people get the wrong idea about plaid. They think one of two things. One is that plaid is for country people and that is all they will ever see plaid for. Then you have the people who think plaid and automatically think hipster (don't worry one of my co-workers thought this). But plaid has become more than both of these stereotypes because you can make plaid look however you want. I had already decided that I was going to dress my plaid up a little bit, but I wasn't 100% sure how I was going to go about that.

Once I had the plaid top on with my jeans, I started to look through my jewelry and found one of my favorite chucky pearl necklaces. I decided to try it out and see how it looked. When I put the chucky pearl necklace one with my plaid top I loved it! Now the final piece to my plaid outfit was what shoes should I wear? I had one of two options. The first was to pair it with sandals and the second was to pair it with flats. I went back and forth a lot, but since the look I was going for was little more classy I went with the flats.

Here is how the outfit looked.





YOUR TURN!

How do you style plaid? Do you like plaid dresses better?

No comments:

Post a Comment