Thursday, August 6, 2015

Wine Night

Have you ever been invited to an event and the whole day before and day of you are trying to think about what you should wear? Well, that was me a couple of weeks ago. A friend of mine invited me to go to this wine event at a local winery. I, of course said yes! But as the event got closer all I could think about was what was I going to wear!? I had no idea when I first started thinking about it. I wanted to try and wear something I already had (I am trying to wear more of my clothes). So I did my normal looking through my closet mentally and physically and nothing really stood out to me. Sure I had outfits that I could have worn, but they were the one that I had worn a lot lately and I didn't want to keep wearing the same outfits over and over again. It is one of my goals to try and make different outfits from the clothes that I have. I will not say that I never wear an outfit twice because I do. Anyways, the biggest problem I was facing when trying to pick out the outfit was the fact that I did not know what anyone else was going to wear.

Now this event was where you went and you learned about wine so the attire could range from semi casual to a little more dressy. So I really just wanted to text everyone that was going and ask them what they were wearing, but I refrained and told myself that I could figure it out on my own. Side note this was not a hair washing day and I knew this which made the decision that much harder. The day of the event arrived and all day at work I kept thinking about what I was going to wear. I thought maybe I'll just wear a nicer pair of shorts with a cute dressy top. Well, I got home tried that outfit on and didn't like it. After about 5 or 6 outfits I finally went to one of my go to items in my closet, my maxi skirt. See the thing with maxi skirts is that you can dress them up or make them casual so since I did not know what anyone else was going to be wearing I thought this would be a good choice.

So I got out my black maxi skirt I then paired with my blue chevron tank top. I finished the outfit off with a cute long necklace and a pair of black dress sandals. My hair was up in a knot bun and I thought that I did a fairly good job at picking out my final outfit.




No comments:

Post a Comment