Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Top I have always Wanted

Have you ever had a top that you constantly look at online and you know that someday that top will be yours? Well this top is one of those tops. I saw it on every boutique website that I went to. So, one I knew it had to be a popular trend and two I absolutely just fell in love with it.

It was also one of those tops that when it first came out it was expensive and me being the saver that I am did not want to spend that much money on the top no matter how much I loved it. It was also the top that I looked at and wondered how exactly I would style it. There was nothing weird about the top that would make it hard to style, but it was a top that needs to be tried on to see how it would look and then you would decide what to pair with it.

One day while in Nashville, IN I went into this little shop that usually has a ton of purses (p.s. I LOVE purses) so I went in looking for a purse. Come to find out they had the exact top that I wanted and it was cheaper than anywhere else! I thought this is it, this is finally when I am going to get the top that I have looked at for about 3 months now. I was so excited when I got up to the cash registered, paid, and walked out with my amazing new purchase.

Well, if you know me I love to wear my new clothing items right away so that's exactly what I did. That next Sunday for church I pulled out that top and was ready to wear it. Here is where I run into some issues, I can't figure out what to wear with it! So the top is more of a cardigan so I was struggling to find something to wear underneath it. I tried a plain white tshirt at first and hated it, I final settled on a black tshirt. However, since that time I have been able to style this blue and white striped cardigan in many different ways.

I have worn it with both with and black plain tshirts under it. I have worn it with just tank tops underneath of it. I have paired both scarves and necklaces with the top. I have worn it with leggining and jeans. Needless to say this blue and white striped cardigan was a great investment and I  absolutely love that I finally have it as  part of my wardrobe.

Below is how I most often style the blue and white striped cardigan. It is also the way that most people have complimented me on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment